What you will learn
- Understand climate change and its causes and effects on humans and natural systems
- Explore the impacts of climate change on India, and on Bengaluru, specifically
- Discover the responses needed to address climate crisis – mitigation, adaptation, Nature-based Solutions and resilience, and explore their relevance for urban environments
- Recognize the role of different stakeholders in climate action
- Learn about the main national and global policies and initiatives addressing climate change
- Explore local opportunities to engage and participate in supporting diverse climate solutions
Have you ever wondered about the recent changes in Bengaluru’s climate, where sudden heat waves scorch the city, extreme rains torrent the roads, and water scarcity plagues the city from time to time? Well, the driving force behind many of these events may be climate change, which has reshaped the once familiar and pleasant environment of Bengaluru. To address such challenges and build our resilience to the impacts of climate change, it is essential for individuals to expand their knowledge and actively contribute to climate action.
The course ‘Building Climate Resilience in Cities’ is a short, online and self-paced course, designed specifically for working professionals. This course aims to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to become agents of change and contribute to the creation of resilient, sustainable cities and communities.
This comprehensive course provides an in-depth understanding of global climate change, its scientific foundations, and its far-reaching consequences on the environment and communities, with a focus on India and Bengaluru. Participants will explore the unique challenges and opportunities for building climate resilience, discover the transformative power of individual efforts, community actions and Nature-based Solutions, and gain necessary knowledge and skills that will empower them to take tangible steps towards climate action.